Due to a renewed optimism in the tourism industry, and subsequent increase instability to the tourism trade, Kenya’s food, beverage and hospitality sector has seen significant market growth which has made it a focal point for opportunity and investment.
The Kenyan Food Event (KFE) will be the premier exhibition serving the food industry across East Africa. With its inaugural edition taking place in May 2020 at the Movenpick in Nairobi, Kenya, this brand-new event will offer a pivotal platform for those in the industry looking for new suppliers, producers and services providers to enhance their business. Meet national and international brands, discover industry opportunities and network with key market leaders.
Co-located alongside the Kenyan Hospitality Event and the Kenyan Drink Event, the cumulative exhibition will make up three key industry segments to bring together over 2,500 fellow stakeholders and key members from the industry.
East Africa is an untapped market of opportunity for food & beverage companies. Retailers such as Carrefour, Shoprite and Choppies are expanding their presence in Kenya while beverage manufacturers Diageo, Heineken & Coca-Cola are making new investments and expanding their product portfolio in the country.
- There are roughly 1,200 food & beverage manufacturers in Kenya alone ranging from smaller organisations to multinational.
- Growing incomes and rising urbanisation have caused a sustained increase in food & beverage sales in Kenya over the last 15 years,
- Figures suggest Nairobi has the highest consumer food & beverage spending power with more being spent on high-cost foods.
- Imports of edible consumer goods grew by an estimated 10% per annum between 2013-17.
- The Food & Beverage sub-sector in hospitality is valued at 302 million USD with a 5% growth rate per year
Register for the Kenyan Food Event
Visit East Africa's premier Exhibition and Conference dedicated to the Food, Beverage and Hospitality sectors for FREE. Taking place from 21 - 23 April 2020 at the Sarit Exhibition Centre in Nairobi, Kenya.REGISTER HERE